[nmglug] Meeting?

Jeff Shippen spiffycomputers at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 00:45:07 PDT 2007

Fun Challenge for extra credit

Well, I have spent about an hour looking through php docs and thinking,
and chatting on the side, and I think I have the basic logic for the
program, without actually putting it into code.  if anyone wants to try
it fine, if not, i'll probably get to it in a few days.
Jeff

/*
$startday == specific thursday using "mktime" function
$counter == 0

while $counter < 1
$startday=$startday+14
$nextmeeting=$startday   ### ok, you could have just used omitted this
line and used $startday instead of $nextmeeting below, but that might
get confusing.

if $nextmeeting < $today #assuming today is several weeks after the
initial start date.
    # do nothing, counter stays 0, adds another 14 days, ignore code below
        elseif $nextmeeting=$today
            echo "The next meeting is today"
            $counter=1 # end the loop
        else
            echo "the next meeting is date($next meeting)"
            $counter=1 # end the loop
fi
(end while loop)
*/