[nmglug] saving disk space

Mars DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Wed May 23 14:58:50 PDT 2007

BrianO'Keefe wrote:
> gosh-so helpful....
> mol is Mac-on-Linux, a virtual machine running on top of Linux and
> running either OS 9 or OS X. BTW, Mars suggested logrotating-I asked if
> I could safely delete the file.
> Thanks

My guess is that it would be ok to delete it. You might want to recreate an empty file with matching ownership and file
permissions, or just do it and see what happens. Maybe the logging routine will recreate it if it does not exist.

Did you google the error?

Mars

PS another unhelpful suggestion would be to get a larger hard drive to store all those compressed log files filled with
the error code.

J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. dba DeLapp Engineering®
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1190 Harrison Rd Ste 3a
Santa Fe NM 87507
(505) 983-5557
http://DeLapp.com