[nmglug] A little off Linux but...

Jason Schaefer js at jasonschaefer.com
Tue May 29 11:59:52 PDT 2007

Brian

Looks like the data was written by a user with userid 501, which does
not exist on your system and is not you. You can reset the permissions
easily on the command line with 'sudo chown -R user.group /mnt/backup'
and then 'sudo chmod -R 777 /mnt/backup'

777 will give owner, user and other full access (read, write and
execute). The -R (capital) will set these permissions recursively on all
files and folders under /mnt/backup.