[nmglug] php4 and php5 on Red Hat Enterprise 4

Mindshare Studios info at mindsharestudios.com
Fri Nov 2 07:38:54 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Does anyone know if you can install both php4 and php5 on Red Hat Enterprise
Linux v4? The server I'm managing currently has PHP4 on it but I would like
to begin using PHP5 to take advantage of some newer features. However, I
don't want to risk screwing up the current setup since the server is in
active production.

Another issue is that Red Hat apparently doesn't officially support PHP5, so
there is no rpm package available on the Red Hat Network (I have heard that
the package for Fedora Core works though). Any ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Damian Taggart, President
Mindshare Studios, Inc.