[nmglug] php4 and php5 on Red Hat Enterprise 4

jason js at jasonschaefer.com
Sun Nov 4 17:40:47 PST 2007

I think it's not possible to load both as modules, I believe they will
conflict. If you need to run php4 and 5 on the same virtual host you
should run php4 as a module and compile php5 as a cgi. If you just want
each virtual host to be able to choose between php4/5, then suPHP can be
used to call either, but not both at the same time.

This rpm from rhel5 should work on rhel4.
http://redhat.download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/source/SRPMS/php-5.1.2-5.src.rpm
Also CentOS has some repos with php5 in them...

Let us know if you need more detailed instructions.

Jason