[nmglug] header munging (was:Local meetings in ABQ)

Sam Noble sam at thepromisedlan.org
Mon Nov 5 12:07:42 PST 2007

On Saturday, Aaron wrote to Gary:
> If the latest version of MailMan allows it...  could the list
> address be listed as "cc" or "from" or something, but reply-to  be
> set to sender?
>
> It seems to me like the best soln. would be for "reply" to go to
> sender, but "reply-all" to include the list address
>
> I definitely prefer for people to do extra work to reply to the
> list.  As mentioned, it is easier to re-send something not published
> than to retract an accidental private reply from the list.

The default (necessarily) is for the list to be the To: so with no other
munging the "reply to all" will send to both the list and the author.

So I think yours counts as a vote for _not_ reply-to munging. As opposed
to say Ken's comment which is essentially to keep it how it is, _with_
reply-to munging.