[nmglug] evdo tender foot,

Andres Paglayan andres at paglayan.com
Thu Nov 15 10:09:17 PST 2007

Hi Guys,

I'll be setting a router with verizon wireless,
gms is discarded because latency and slowness

now, this goes on a regular pc,

Does anybody have a good hardware suggestion?

my main need is to be able to attach an antenna,

shall I go pci <-> pcmcia addaptor <-> evdo (with adapter)

or is there any good USB evdo device to use instead?

please let me know if there's any hardware you had good experience with.

I'll rather stand on the shoulders of your experience and
buy something that is proven to work than start wild research.

Any feedback appreciated,
and at least a free (as in free beer) beer for the recommendation.
(to be cached at SFBC or 2nd street next meeting)

Thanks a lot,

Andres