[nmglug] Recommendation wanted: Thinkpad backlight repair

Ed Santiago nmglug at edsantiago.com
Sun Nov 25 13:54:37 PST 2007

Greetings,

The display on my 3-year-old Thinkpad R51 (running Gentoo)
has just died.  According to folk wisdom on thinkwiki.org,
this is probably a bad inverter but it could also be the
CCFL (lamp).

Can someone recommend a service shop, preferably near Los
Alamos or Santa Fe, which would be able to take a look?

Extra details: I can VNC into it, using x11vnc, and all
looks as expected.  The X11 server is fine.  The system
itself is fine.  The only problem is the display itself.

Thanks in advance,
Ed
Ed Santiago               Toolsmith               ed at edsantiago.com