[nmglug] linux friendly player,

Eric Krieger eric.krieger at charterco.com
Sun Sep 30 13:46:51 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-30 at 08:29 -0600, Aaron wrote:
> Andres Paglayan wrote:
> > As a Linuxist, which player would you use?
>
> I prefer xmms

If would recommend Audacious it's built on GTK2 and has plugins for just
about every audio format.

Now if you want a home network media player I've had great success with
the my buffalo link theater PC-P3LWG/DVD.   On my mythtv-backend-server/
I run Wizd (http://wizd.sourceforge.net) to share out the media
(dvd-iso, xvid, dvix, mpeg2, mp3, and ogg) to the link theater.  Sharing
your media files via wizd is as easy as editing the wizd.conf file and
changing the locations to where your media file are.

Example:

alias   	DVD             /media/dvd
alias   	Movies          /media/movies
alias   	TV_XVID		/media/tv
alias   	TV_MPEG		/media/tv_mpeg
musicalias      Music		/media/music
photoalias      Photos  	/media/photos

- Eric

Eric Krieger
Charter Companies
Email: eric.krieger at charterco.com
Ph: 505.291.3717
Fx: 505.237.4105

Random Quote:

"Anyone who uses the phrase 'easy as
taking candy from a baby' has never tried
taking candy from a baby"
        -R. Hood

This e-mail message (and any associated files) contains information from Charter Companies, Inc., or its subsidiaries or affiliate.  It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this message, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Messages sent to and from us may be monitored.  The receipt of this transmission is not intended to, and does not waive, any privilege.