[nmglug] remote drive permissions

BrianO'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Mon Apr 28 12:47:22 PDT 2008

I was setting up a printer and I must have mucked up ownerships
somewhere as I cannot mount or unmount a USB drive that I have had for
some time.Formerly I would hotplug the drive and the volumes mounted
right onto  the desktop. Now I have to launch a file manager with sudo
and then I can mount the volumes. I cannot unmount them from the desktop
either.
Running Ubuntu 6.06. A simple fix to allow me to be owner or change
permissions would be great. I should know this by now but with my
deteriorating mind I'm at a loss.
Many thanks
Brian