[nmglug] Upgrade fromubuntu 6.06 to 8.04

Gary Sandine gars at laclinux.com
Fri Aug 1 11:18:20 PDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 12:10:44PM -0600, BrianO'Keefe wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply Gary.  I tried all the suggestions and
> still get: E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg
> --configure -a' to correct the problem.
>
> which doesn't work, failing with the same error.

If it's still the timidity and python-central errors, try purging
those packages:

dpkg -P timidity
dpkg -P python-central

You might have to purge a few dependencies, too.  Then:

dpkg --configure -a

That's the basic idea anyway for a way to correct this problem that
has worked for me in the past.

Once the configure completes successfully, I'd try:

apt-get -f install

until it does nothing, then finish the upgrade:

apt-get dist-upgrade

repeatedly until it is done.  After all that, reinstall timidity and
python-central if you need them.

--
Gary Sandine <gars at laclinux.com>