[nmglug] got some original 8.04 Server Edition 64-bit

Doug Schocke dougl at cybermesa.com
Sat Aug 2 04:56:12 PDT 2008

Are they for AMD or Intel?  Apparently there is a difference that
matters. If AMD let me know and I would like one.  Learned a tuff one
that the Intel machines that are 'EM64T' are not real 64 bit machines
and you can't load the 64 intel to run well on them. Or at least that
was my experience-- I fairly new (or in experienced) at Linux so it
might be my not flipping the right levers and/or pushing correct
buttons. Loaded nicely the 32 bit 5.10 on a EM64T intel cpu and then
upgraded.
Doug