[nmglug] dial up

akaluta at zianet.com akaluta at zianet.com
Sun Aug 24 17:06:04 PDT 2008

Brian:
The link you provided in this e-mail look first rate,looked it over briefly
zeros in on the problem to closely.
 From my end and a day later I have managed to install PPP and now I have the
modem icon and applet in net work manager,most of the time spent was due to
being a the very beginning of the learning curve.
In the past I had emacs,it is not on the install here.looks like the editors
on gnome,getit or nom , cannot be used from root.and seem to be locked out
of bringing up /etc/chapscript/providers and such,do you know how they may
be accessible by root?
dmesg shows the modem on /dev/ttyACM0 which seems to be correct.
I would like to download minicom,setserial,Do you have any experience using
microsoft to down load linux files?
My plate is full;like being in a candy shop,trying to figure out what to try
and learn next.
Thanks for the excellent link,I will enjoy reading through it excedingly.
Best Regards, Anthony K