[nmglug] dial up

akaluta at zianet.com akaluta at zianet.com
Tue Aug 26 12:58:37 PDT 2008

Brian:
Thanks for this latest bit of information
What I had been trying, was log onto internet with linux using dialup
modem.This reply is my first successful attempt,alas, not before ordering 21
debian discs,with programs.
I had been trying to get one of the editors provided in the basic setup to
modify PPP then use pon to connect with the internet.
You had in fact supplied the key in your previous e-mail by pointed out the
the bug, in the gnome internet manager applet, that falsly indicating no
connect had been made,Eureka! I had been connected and been fooled by that
applet.
Brian I must thank you,for your persistance and guidence I owe you a beer or
so, or what have you at the next Glug meeting we happen to both attend.
                  A Dozen Thanks and the Best of GNU/Glugging. Anthony K