[nmglug] Need a scanner that works on Ubuntu

J. Marsden DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Fri Feb 1 01:15:40 PST 2008

VA wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I need the driver for my Canoscan LiDE 90 scanner. Is anyone working on this or willing to work on it?
>
> OR:
>
> Does anyone know of/have a flatbed (preferred) scanner that I can purchase at a local retailer or from you?

I looked at the list of supported scanners for sane
Canoscan LiDE 90 is not listed.

Canon LiDE 80 is listed and says *NOT* supported.

However, the sane genesys backend
http://www.sane-project.org/man/sane-genesys.5.html
Shows similar models, Canon LiDE 35/40/50/60
I would try that to see if it works.

Newegg.com has a cheap scanner
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16838110019
EPSON Perfection V200

This shows it is supported:
http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=Epson+&model=v200&bus=usb&v=&p=

Hope this helps.

Mars

PS. I *HATE* it when people say, "Hope this helps".

J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. dba DeLapp Engineering.
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1190 Harrison Road Ste 3a
Santa Fe NM 87507
(505) 983-5557
http://DeLapp.com