[nmglug] Mozilla apps freeze on print

BrianO'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Tue Feb 5 13:13:47 PST 2008

Again, thanks so much for the info Nick. We ran all the tests and
commands and the chipset exists and is loaded up. the drivers exist and
we recompiled and installed the appropriate ALSA drivers, We followed
the instructions on the Ubuntu site for sound problems. Everything
checked out and the box thought it was making sound and no matter how we
set the ALSA configuration, the sound preferences or installed,
reinstalled or otherwise futzed there was no sound coming out of those
speakers!
I finally asked my brother if he was sure that he had them plugged in so
he checked and said that they were BUT....there were 2 sound ports and
he had never tried the other because the cable jack color and the port
color didn't match. I said try it and, of course, sound! Well, there is
a lesson in there isn't there? At least he learned alot more command
line than he ever wanted to know!
LOL!!!
Brian