[nmglug] problem with remote x

Andres Paglayan andres at paglayan.com
Fri Feb 22 07:17:04 PST 2008

On Feb 21, 2008, at 9:57 PM, Gary Sandine wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 05:33:21PM -0700, Andres Paglayan wrote:
>> I am trying to run a remote x on an ubuntu 7.10 as server,
>> and and X11 xterm on a mac as client
>>
>> I am doing the whole ssh -X -Y,
>> and both the client an server are configured as accepting forwards,
>
> Double check that?

yep, wherever there was an ssh_config I changed that,

>> this is the result
> [..]
>
> Is /tmp full in the remote or local machine, and does it have proper
> permissions?  Is this a new behavior?  Does a simple X program work?

X is running at the station I am connecting to,
it's a regular workstation with gnome,

I got an error with .Xauthority lock as well

> xterm &

andres at andres-desktop:~$ xterm &
[1] 13051
andres at andres-desktop:~$

oops, now it's working fine, (wasn't before)
but I didn't change anything,

I LOVE Linux