[nmglug] External DVD writer

Tom Rushton trushton at cybermesa.com
Fri Feb 22 11:19:12 PST 2008

Thanks, Aaron.  My Ubuntu system is a laptop, so I'm stuck for now with
the USB 2 port.  I'm guessing that the interfaces are standard enough
that almost anything will work, but I've seen some discussions of
configuration problems in terms of maximizing the write speed (DMA not
configured properly, etc.).
~Tom