[nmglug] MySQL - Howto

Andy Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Mon Feb 25 15:52:45 PST 2008

Look into the MySQL ODBC driver and you should find that excel can
access the data via ODBC, see the data connection information under
Excel.  Later versions have better support for this, but look for ODBC
DSN as your data source once you setup the database in MySQL and
configure the MySQL ODBC connector and create a system DSN under
Control-Panels -> Administrative Tools -> Data Source.

MySQL ODBC Connector MSI download URL: (Mind the Wrap)
http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/Connector-ODBC/3.51/mysql-connector-odbc-3.51.23-win32.msi/from/http://mysql.he.net/

Also, look into the Toad for MySQL utiltity.  The free version should do
everything you need for the next year or so, then you might investigate
the full featured "for pay" version.

Toad for MySQL URL:
http://www.toadsoft.com/toadmysql/Overview.htm

Andy