[nmglug] MySQL - Howto

Andy Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Tue Feb 26 10:08:44 PST 2008

Tim,
  I figured you were Windows centric, at least for this project, as you
were talking Excel.  No worries to me as I tend to work 3 or 4 different
OSes at a time.  MacOSX is my laptop with Windows running in a VMWare
session.  Then I usually connect to Linux / Solaris / AIX / (other
commercial unix) for their backend systems.  You name it, I have
probably worked on it.

Toad is a very nice front end into almost any database, it was
originally Oracle only, but has been expanded to support multiple
databases in the last few years.  The comercial version is very powerful
and has many features that a DBA would want / need, but the free version
is enough for most non-DBA uses.

I have taught a database class and have used excel spreadsheets to
illustrate tables and their relationships.

Andy