[nmglug] MySQL - Howto

Tim Emerick timothyemerick at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 10:07:12 PST 2008

Wow.  You still teach classes?  I think I could use a RDBMS-101 class.  Wonder if CNM has a class I could take on how to use a RDBMS.

I am currently running Excel 2003 which supports about 60k+ rows.  I hear that Excel 2007 supports 1mil rows.  It's starting to make me wonder why I would need to use a DBMS backend if I can keep all my data in a spreadsheet. (Other than I HATE HATE HATE the Office 2007 ribbon).

Tim