[nmglug] New CUPS server install, having issues need help.

Beau Bechdol bbechdol at gmail.com
Sun May 4 17:39:45 PDT 2008

I just setup CUPS on hardy and all went well. I installed CUPS fine,The
printer added fine, recognize fine and was showing up fine. The issue that I
have is that when I try to print anything from any machine on my network all
it prints is page after page after page of white paper. No matter what
setting i change it wont fix it. I did see that it is using the Gutenprint
5.0.2 driver. I belive that this is a driver related issue. I did some
digging and found that it seems that the 5.0.2 driver doent like Epson
printers. How can I update it to the latest or 5.1.7. Some one said that
that seems to have fixed it. I just dont know how to update it or get new
drivers.

Can someone help me please ?

Thanks in advance