[nmglug] PenguinTV

BrianO'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Wed Nov 5 21:01:20 PST 2008

I'm trying to run PenguinTV but in setting it up I get this error:

"~/downloads/PenguinTV-3.60$ python setup.py build
Building desktop version
location: /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9.0.3/libxpcom.so
before 3
Couldn't locate mozilla home.  Please set MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME and run
setup again"

I have discovered that I need to do something like:
"export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/opt/mozilla "

except that is not the location of my mozilla executable. In fact I have
Firefox installed as well as the Mozilla-suite but I don't have a clue
as to what directory to point to. Mozilla in my home directory, or
Firefox in same or the /usr/bin executable? I'm baffled...

Thanks!!