[nmglug] Mac address

akaluta at TaosNet.com akaluta at TaosNet.com
Wed Oct 29 12:04:21 PDT 2008

Hello All;

Wireless broadband has now become available here around my environs
outside of Taos and has been installed at my site beginning yesterday.

The provider supplied a netgear wgr614v.7 router,My Desktop is running
Ubuntu 8.04.the pertinent lap top is dual booted, Vista and Ubuntu
8.04.
I am attempting to make a via router, a wired lan connection between laptop
and desktop using Ubuntu,the laptop, upon entering ipconfig -a shows no
Mac address.Any helpful correspondance is appreciated.  Best, Anthony K