[nmglug] Booting from Adaptec 3405 SAS RAID card

Matthew McCleary matthew.mccleary at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 13:17:51 PDT 2008

Hi,

I got my RAID 10 up and running last night on an Adaptec 3405 SAS card.
Ubuntu 8.04 installed no problem, but I can't get it to boot from the card.

My BIOS is set to allow booting from the card, and I installed the
bootloader on hd0 (not sure exactly which drive that is, as I also have a
500 GB SATA drive on my motherboard controller, mounted as /home).

If I boot off the CD and then select "Boot from first hard disk" it boots
from the RAID card with no problem.

Is there a way to make it boot from the card without using the CD-ROM as a
stopgap?

--
Matthew S. McCleary, MCP