[nmglug] editing bash

Nick Frost nickf at nickorama.com
Mon Apr 6 20:41:46 PDT 2009

On Apr 6, 2009, at 11:51 AM, BrianO'Keefe wrote:

> Setting up your account
> ESRI recommends that you execute ArcExplorer from a C shell. The
> following instructions are for a C shell environment setup.
> To use ArcExplorer, add the following lines to your .login or .cshrc
> file:
> setenv AEJHOME <ArcExplorer Installation Directory>/aej90exe
> setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH $AEJHOME/lib
> Make sure that $AEJHOME/bin is in the PATH.
> set path = ( $path $AEJHOME/bin )

For BASH, I think the .bashrc syntax would be something like the
following;

export AEJHOME <ArcExplorer Installation Directory>/aej90exe
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH $AEJHOME/lib
export PATH=$PATH:<AEJHOMEPATHHERE/bin		(for example export PATH=
$PATH:/usr/local/aejhome/bin)

-Nick

Nicholas S. Frost
7 Avenida Vista Grande #325