[nmglug] running legacy OS

Andres Paglayan andres at paglayan.com
Wed Apr 22 09:10:53 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 09:58 -0600, akaluta wrote:

> Does the below displayed info  mean my cpu does not support virtual
> manager on KVM.?

probably not,
should display either vmx or svm

from the docs run:
egrep '(vmx|svm)' --color=always /proc/cpuinfo

e.g my machine has support but was disable at bios level,
ergo showing at cpuinfo but but not loading the kvm module,

flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm
constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good pni monitor ds_cpl vmx est
tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm ida