[nmglug] disk usage

Sam Noble s at mnoble.net
Tue Dec 1 20:14:04 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 17:38 -0700, BrianO'Keefe wrote:
> I have not deleted anything either. Is Baobab including the other
> directories in here?
>
> df -h
> /dev/sda1             141G   35G   99G  26% /
> udev                  1.5G  264K  1.5G   1% /dev
> none                  1.5G  800K  1.5G   1% /dev/shm
> none                  1.5G  228K  1.5G   1% /var/run
> none                  1.5G     0  1.5G   0% /var/lock
> none                  1.5G     0  1.5G   0% /lib/init/rw

I don't think so, at least not according to the gnome/yelp manual for
baobab if I'm reading it correctly:

Disk Usage Analyzer will not count the /proc dir, nor
    any file size that is not related to a "plain" file, so symlinks,
character blocks,
    device blocks will not be part of the directory size.

I guess a bug report would be in order, but of course if we can't
reproduce the behavior it would be doomed to eternal "unconfirmed"
status.
:shrug:

Just for kicks, How much of an effect does toggling "allocated space" in
the view menu have?