[nmglug] Digitemp,Crontab (syslog addendium)

a akaluta at taosnet.com
Fri Dec 4 03:29:39 PST 2009

Jason:
Thanks for the reply

On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 13:54 -0700, Jason Schaefer wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:39 AM, a <akaluta at taosnet.com> wrote:
> > Nick:
> > Thanks for the /dev/null suggestion alas did not solve the recalcitrant
> > crontab but did create an interesting number error message,caused by
> > auto warping of the editor,could not disable auto-warp but by expanding
> > the page size thus preventing the necessity for the line to warp the
> > error message went to /dev/null,ain't solving a problem grand even if
> > it's transitive,now I must delve further into that enigma they call "THE
> > CRONTAB".See you at the hamfest dinner. Antonio
>
> Anthony
>
> You didn't mention fixing the lack of space between -l and
> /var/log/temp... Did you fix that?

Fixed the space between -l /var/log/temp...
tried several spacing permutations,The closed spacing is in deference to
the posted HOW TO by the program author.That exact closed spacing has
survived several upgrades to this program beginning 2004,so I followed
in the footsteps

> as for wrapping, you don't need to worry, editors will auto wrap and
> not break anything. Usually denoted by a \ where the wrap happens,
> this means its on the same line and wrapped. As for warping, you might
> need to write to the trekkie mailing list for an answer ;-)

I have not ,again, tried to reproduce the phenomena,but,for what it is
worth, I found one "how to fix it web site" suggesting that the
supplicant could fix his mournful problem with that warp quirk in
mind,whereupon the successful application as suggested: elicited the
joyful cry "You are a genius".

I have been in some contact with the Trekkies,also hoping to find some
local like minded tinkerers.

                                     Best to All, Anthony K