[nmglug] nmglug Digest, Vol 65, Issue 3

Jeffrey Miller jeff at socorro.k12.nm.us
Fri Feb 13 09:14:43 PST 2009

I have been asked by our WIA coordinator to develop a computer course
on building OpenSource computers.  The hang up is we need some type of
certification.  Have you any knowledge of said certifications?  I
checked it out online and there are only a few.  My visions is to
build Edubuntu boxes with our WIA students this summer and then
distribute the boxes to local agencies like the senior center and
such.  Then, mayhaps, the city would hire at least one of our students
to maintain said boxes.  However, the feds in charge of WIA like to
have a piece of paper to hand the students upon completion of the
course work.  Any ideas?

"Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths theater." -
Gail Godwin

Jeffrey Miller
jeff at socorro.k12.nm.us