[nmglug] We Got a Shop

Doug Schocke dougl at cybermesa.com
Tue Mar 31 05:10:31 PDT 2009

Earlier I sent you an announcement of intention to start a coop computer
shop.   We got one and will move in Wednesday, 1 April 2009.  It is
located at 1964 Cerrillos, which is at the intersection of Llano and
Cerrillos, just north of the end of St Michaels.  Much nicer than the
current closet shop and storage shed.  Will start moving Wednesday, call
if you want to help, 670-1306. Will announce the GRAND OPENING later in
April.

Rewrite of the original recruiting email below and Update on Computer
Donations Shop 501c3.

Currently we have a new shop. This training location is a useful
contribution to our local economy and individuals. Are you interested in
computers or in their recycling or would like to have a share of a shop
space to work on computers, lets do it. We are already recycling
computers but need help to expand. Join us as we expand to include
computer apprenticeships. An apprentice program would teach students and
adults how to evaluate and repair computers. Our cost estimate is that
to run the shop would cost about $1000 per month.

The organization, CybernetworkNM, is a 501c3 organization and any
contribution would be a charitable tax deduction on your taxes. Also any
donation of computers and equipment would be a charitable tax deduction
on your taxes.

This shop can act as meeting and training place for computer user clubs
including all operating systems, windows, mac and linux. Yes we can get
along and maybe even teach each other.

Would you be interest in joining this project, helping with costs or
have any suggestions or comments? Any help will be appreciated. We have
applied for several grants but nothing has been awarded.

Doug Schocke

--
Doug Schocke, Ph D
210 La Cruz Road