[nmglug] wiped the HD, installed ubuntu 8.04, restart busy box block?

a akaluta at taosnet.com
Sun May 10 12:51:05 PDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-05-10 at 12:18 -0600, a wrote:
> Vista removed,using "SystemRescueCD x86 0.3.0",wiped the HD.
>
> Bypassed busy box to load Ubuntu 8.04 via live CD, all looking
> Okey-Dokey.
>
> Upon restart searches for a few minutes then busybox is back.
> Tried,an end run,with RescueCD start-option,boot harddrive 1,also tried
> from Live Ubuntu.
>
>                                       Wudda I do now, Antonio

looking on the phoronix site
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=asrock_x58&num=4
they had luck with the i7 using a usb flash distro load ....a question,
the iso download to usb gives a no boot segment partition message
althought an .exe is on the flash drive,any thoughts in the interm
checking for bios upgrade. tnx,Antonio
?