[nmglug] colocation in NM

Sam Noble sam at thepromisedlan.org
Wed Sep 9 16:20:37 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 14:48 -0600, Andres Paglayan wrote:
> does anybody have any experience, good or bad, with prismtechnm.com
> a colocation company in Albuquerque?

Sorry no direct experience as a customer.
But, I got a tour of their facility once, it seemed pretty nice, and the
staff was comfortingly knowledgeable. At the time their primary
connection was One Connect IP (ZiaNet), which was great and all, but it
concerns me that AFAIK ZiaNet has stopped doing business in New Mexico
(thanks Qwest), but Prism's web page still claims them as one of two
primary network providers.  (Although I think there was some
cross-pollination between the two companies [Prism had been recommended
to me by a ZiaNet guy.] so maybe they really are still providing service
there.)
The other concern is that they are in a basement on Central where it
floods. But they have a considerable amount of counter-measures in place
against flooding, as described on their page.
sam