[nmglug] someone with a broken iMac

Mark Galassi mark at galassi.org
Thu Jul 29 07:23:04 PDT 2010

Someone with a desktop iMac (the ones that have the 19in LCD screen and
all the CPU stuff inside) told me that it's crashing all the time.  It
freezes up and they have to power cycle several times/day.

They have reinstalled the MacosX and nothing changes.

I'm thinking of stopping by and seeing if I can look at some files in
/var/log and see if it has memory or disk errors that get logged, but I
was wondering if someone on this list could either:

a. point to a diagnostic path for this on a mac

b. point to someone here in town (preferably downtown) that they can
take it to for repair