[nmglug] KVM ,virt-manager,ubuntu live CD

a a at kaluta.us
Wed Jan 12 07:57:59 PST 2011

Anyone familiar with why, following the source example (location as
cited below,"info source") section: "Create an image" example #3
does not give me the same result as provided by their given example?

Info source;
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/QEMU/Image

Various permutations of the example given by above source "Create an
image" example #3:

a at desktop:~$ qemu -m 256 -hda Ubuntu 8.04.1 i386 -cdrom /media/cdrom
-boot d
qemu: could not open disk image Ubuntu: No such file or directory
a at desktop:~$ qemu -m 256 -hda Ubuntu 8.04.1.img -cdrom /media/cdrom
-boot d
qemu: could not open disk image Ubuntu: No such file or directory
a at desktop:~$
a at desktop:~$ qemu -m 256 -hda Ubuntu 8.04.1.iso -cdrom /media/cdrom
-boot d
qemu: could not open disk image Ubuntu: No such file or directory
a at desktop:~$ qemu -m 256 -hda Ubuntu.iso -cdrom /media/cdrom -boot d
qemu: could not open disk image Ubuntu.iso: No such file or directory

Thanks

Anthony