[nmglug] ping -p ff , bad checksums, isp 5GHz wireless, lost packets?

a a at kaluta.us
Wed Jan 12 18:38:00 PST 2011

Nick:
thanks for the extensive analysis,it is continuing to be more
informative as I slowly assemble your suggestion,at treasure trove.
I downloaded the Seagate HD test and have managed the short diagnostics
the memtest80+ I run that test before retiring.

to date located a at desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install netselect
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package netselect is not available, but is referred to by another
package.
is only available from another source.

Let me wrap it up by saying,I have received a fortune in information
from you and it has broadened my perspective.Thanks So much.
Anthony