[nmglug] e-book reader

Matthew McCleary matthew.mccleary at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 09:21:09 PST 2011

The Kindle works just fine in Ubuntu, or any OS for that matter, since when
you plug it in it's seen as a USB mass storage device.

It's not the most feature-filled or extensible e-book reader, but I've been
pleased with mine (a black 3G).

What really sealed the deal for me was free-for-life 3G service, which lets
me use basic Internet virtually anywhere.

Matthew

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 10:11, Andres Paglayan <andres at paglayan.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> Now that there's enough variety, I am about to pull the trigger and get an
> e-book reader.
> Does anybody have a favorite (or a do not buy advice) with these devices?(
> Linux, non DRM, etc, etc)
>
> Thanks
>
> Andres

Matthew S. McCleary
Rio Grande Biofuels LLC
www.riograndebiofuels.com
(575) 835-6516 work, (575) 517-0004 cell, (575) 835-5630 fax