[nmglug] filezilla auto delete script file contents

Jason Schaefer js at jasonschaefer.com
Wed Jun 29 08:05:50 PDT 2011

a!
how's everything?
I would recommend using a cron job if you can. If its on my server,
you already have shell access and can leave ftp behind, as it is lame.
The whole process goes something like this:
ssh a at server
crontab -e
0 0 * * * /usr/bin/find /home/a/dir_w_jpgs -type f -iname *.jpg -mtime
+5 -exec rm -fr {} \;
save, and done! This is the very terse version, if you need more
detail, let us know. this will run find and in turn rm every day at
midnight. It will find files (type f) with .jpg at the end that are
older than 5 days. Hope this helps..