[nmglug] WWW service provider

Aaron Birenboim aaron at boim.com
Wed Mar 2 08:24:02 PST 2011

On 03/01/2011 10:48 AM, David Borton wrote:
> I agree.  Don't encourage GoDaddy.  Brownrice is great... very
> knowledgeable and besides they are local.
>
> If you need to shave the cost down to $7 / month, you can try KnownHost
> @  http://www.knownhost.com/shared-hosting.html.  I am using them for
> two sites and they do cover the basics with fast support.  No problems
> so far.
>
> It sounds like all Aaron wants is storage, so maybe dropbox would work.

Will look at KnownHost.  How much does storage on dropbox cost?

I'm thinking of a hybrid solution.
I think Google/Google-apps will let me manage e-mail forwards,
DNS records, basic static WWW page...

So I could just pay for a service with decent storage policy/support.

If we want to do any fancy Internet services, we could link to
a sub-domain serviced by a computer in the office.
It will be good to have a "root" presence off-site since we
have 85-90% uptime at best at the office.
(Gotta love Comcast, and frequent power outages)

                 aaron