[nmglug] ubuntu 10.10, google earth, echolink repeater nodes, amateur radio

a a at kaluta.us
Sat Mar 19 20:03:53 PDT 2011

I have google earth installed on ubuntu 10.10 via wine.
Background info: Echolink will identify amateur radio repeaters located
near a chosen geographical point(an amateur radio station location)
by,as one option,decreasing distance from the selected point.
Additionally,echolink will transfer data to google earth view to make
those repeater locations display on a map.

Problem:

1.) I changed the default on the "open with" menu which was set open to
default each time and allowing other choices I set it to open
automatically to default.How do I undo that option and regain opening
choices,needed for further experimentation?

2.)The information echolink is downloading:
http://www.echolink.org/node_location.kmz
currently to Downloads.which should somehow be getting to the google
earth view "network link" option.
In explianation: Google earth view has a "network link" option which
does not seem to be loading www.echolink.org/node_location.kmz

Would somehow loading it to google earth view in wine have validity?

Your insights are much welcomed.
Thank You
Anthony K