[nmglug] MetaCalculus Meeting Postponed

Joseph Thames beartham at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 09:24:55 PST 2011

Dear NMGLUG,

As I have not had sufficient responses from you to host a meeting at our
office, I am postponing tonight's meeting until December or January. I will
be meeting privately with Don Thornton, who expressed definite interest in
what we are doing, and has just the skills we are seeking.

It seems we need to start a blog about what is really going on with
scientific computing and why industrial R&D computerization has atrophied
since the Apollo program. What I believe most of you don't know is that 40
years ago, the industry leader put its cart before the horse, and that cart
has been leading us ever since.

--
Joseph 'Bear' Thames
MetaCalculus, LLC and Meta Science Foundation
beartham at gmail.com