[nmglug] Future Meetings at our Office: 1513 Third Street, Santa Fe

Sam Noble s at mnoble.net
Thu Nov 10 09:30:19 PST 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 05:19:49PM -0600, Joseph Thames wrote:
> To this end, we would like to hold a series of your Thursday night GLUG
> meetings at our office at 1513 Third street, Suite B, beginning with the
> next one on November 10. I will brief you on our technologies and show you
> some demos.

Hi Bear,

Thanks for your offer to host the nmglug meetings.

Sorry for the very late question, but I need some clarification on what
you're proposing.

Were you planning to host the normal glug meeting, and you have a
presentation? Or would your presentation be most of the evening?

Often I don't think it would make much difference, as "the rest" of our
meeting agenda is typically so casual, though in any scenario I imagine
we'd want to allow time for folks with questions or problems to get some
answers. But in the case of tonight's meeting, I had made plans with a
new-comer inviting them to the meeting (at the SFBC) to help them with a
GNU/Linux install.

It's on some weird hardware, and may take a fair chunk of time, so if
the Metacalculus stuff is going to be longish, I think I'll need to go
ahead and meet the user at SFBC.
But let me know if you think it makes more sense to invite the new user
to the thing at your place.
And if I don't see you, be sure to let us know how it went, and whether
you're wanting to invite us back to your place in upcoming weeks.

thanks.

--
sam