[nmglug] The OS progress,

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 16:18:00 PDT 2012

Dear NMGlug'ers. I made some progress at the last meeting and have the
Debian install working better. I have installed the 'menu' package,
which was somehow partially present, but not coordinated with the Xfce
desktop, which had replaced the broken kde desktop. The hazard of
Debian is the occurrence of broken dependencies in upgrades. Also the
glitches with the kwallet in kde. I may have the 12.04 Xubuntu to
compare to the Debian testing w/Xfce by the next meeting or the one
after. For those using 10.04 there are another 11 months of support
and then an unknown period of usability which could be several years
as long as it remains stable and up to any new internet features.  At
least that's how I see it. See  you at the meeting.
Ted P.