[nmglug] AMD 64 bit

Andrew Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Fri Aug 17 18:38:58 PDT 2012

Look on the bottom of your Toshiba and see if there is a MS Windows sticker
with a code.  That is the license and it will tell you if it is Windows XP
or what.  if it is, you just need to find media to do the wipe and install
then either sell or gift it to someone.  Yes, I know you can do the same
with Linux on it, but MOST people won't buy it if it doesn't have windows.
 If the sticker isn't there, then you will need to either find the original
media which will most likely have the license key with it, or you will need
to buy new which isn't worth it.  Let the buyer do that if they want.  Just
DBAN the laptop and put a basic install of something like Ubuntu on it and
then sell it or gift it.

Andy