[nmglug] Replacing Thermal Compound

Rob Haag rhaag71 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 08:35:10 PDT 2012

Doing a google search for "take apart [laptop model]" almost always turns
up something useful, videos in many cases.

Also, as a tip, lighter fluid (naptha) removes thermal compound really well
and I always keep rubbing alcohol on my bench in a spray bottle. The
alcohol (diluted with a bit of water) I use for just about every use were I
need a solvent or cleaner. The alcohol will remove the thermal paste too,
but not as well as lighter fluid. If you do use lighter fluid then clean up
after with some alcohol.