[nmglug] Replacing Thermal Compound

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 20:17:27 PDT 2012

Brian, Next NMGlug is next Thursday, June 7th. But is does sound like
you have resolved the heat issue. I can get Firefox up to 40% of CPU
when opening a page on a second tab. The page being a newspaper with
several stories and animated ads. Once the page settles the usage
drops to around 20%, sometimes lower if I am not activating any of the
video or loading something new. You might keep an eye on firefox and
make sure your settings are the ones you want. I did have a brief
problem on an open public computer with Firefox. But that was due to
user 'tinkering' and adding toolbars! Ted P.

--
"Put up in a place, where it's easy to see
the cryptic admonishment: T. T. T.