[nmglug] Meeting 2012 Mar 15

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 13:54:24 PST 2012

I have been talking to another user apropos of the release of the 2012 LTS
Ubuntu edition. I wonder if we can discuss and review selecting an OS from
a simple user's perspective? It is a good opportunity to look at commonly
used applications and Free versus non-Free options. I know I am a 'mixed'
user and am aware I give up true freedom for some kinds of 'convenience' or
laziness. We can look at whether a completely Free system will do all the
common tasks of the everyday user. And by user I mean a non-programming
person who will not be writing their own scripts.
Thank you, Ted P.