[nmglug] Ubuntu Distributions,

Rob Haag rhaag71 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 11:56:14 PDT 2012

I have switched to Linux Mint. I am happay again, like old Ubuntu...
pre "Gnome/Unity/take away my settings (ctrl-alt-backspace and more)"
antics happy. Honestly I still think I'm using Ubuntu (and I am
really), until I say 'I use Ubuntu' and remember I'm usings Linux
Mint's version of Ubuntu. It's pretty great split, I use Gnome3 and
Gnome Shell as I am down with some high tech. desktop stuff. Mint
seemed to listen to the Ubuntu user's complaints and filled the need.
For me, there were (are) some tweaks and adjustment, but there always
are for me. I had to also figure out some differences, but that seems
to be the case with any latest release of Ubuntu as well. Also, I have
not found any package or tweak or instructions/tutorials that don't
work for me either... not even having to make translations to work
with Mint when looking a an Ubuntu item.

-Rob Haag