[nmglug] The OS progress,

Scott Gamble gamblesc at gmail.com
Wed May 2 21:33:16 PDT 2012

On 05/02/2012 10:07 PM, Eddie Schell wrote:

> That's pretty rare for Asus. They normally make pretty rock solid
> equipment.. did you get the back ported crunch bang?

Yes I agree Asus make good computers and this one has been solid for me
once I worked out the
bugs.

Yes Eddie I went for the back ported #! ..... I am loving it and it has
been very stable so far.
I spent a few hours this evening looking through the main openbox rc.xml
file.
I must say I am impressed with this window manager. You can hack this
file all day long to customize
everything on your desktop. I am learning the key-bindings and now I can
tile multiple open windows
using the windows key and the arrow keys. It is quiet smart snapping to
the edges of the other windows.
Not as Awesome as AWESOME tiling window manager but easy to learn and
has other benefits.

I hope you enjoy #!

Scott