[nmglug] Linux kernels and headers in Ubuntu

nick pitlosh nickpitlosh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 09:23:27 PDT 2012

I'd start with reading the grub manual, and optionally the process for
installing a new kernel in debian. You may just want to select one of
the other kernels that isn't made for a vm. In the future, perhaps the
best idea is to ONLY install a kernel if you have to. manually
installing them in debian can cause problems with the grub update
options scripts if for some reason the latest installed kernel does
not apply to your machine.

Really though all the kernels are still there, you just need to learn
the grub command line, and how to make it select the proper kernel at
boot default. Lucky for you, grub is pretty intuitive and as i
remember supports command line expansion tab tab.

-Hot taco.